Our partnership with Sezzle is a relatively new one and we are still learning about it.
One issue which comes up fairly often is when people who appear well qualified do not get approved, even though it seems like they should. We have spoken to Sezzle about this and here is what we have learned so far:
- Sezzle does not do a ‘hard’ credit check—instead they do what is called a ‘soft pull’ which gives them an idea of your credit situation but doesn’t count as an inquiry and therefore doesn’t lower your credit score. Sometimes they see things they don’t like. So if you have plenty of money in the bank but a weak credit score, this may be the problem.
- Sometimes people submit a credit card rather than a debit card or a bank statement and if there isn’t a lot of credit available on the card, you may not be approved. If you have a bank balance which can cover at least the first payment, submit your bank account to Sezzle instead of the credit card. This may improve your chances of an approval.
- Sometimes people are actually approved for a credit limit, but if it is lower than the purchase price of the Phoenix, they will not be approved for the transaction. The only way to find out if this is the case is to contact Sezzle customer service.
- And sometimes Sezzle just plain makes a mistake or needs more information. The best thing to do is to contact Sezzle customer service and ask them why you were not approved. Very often it’s a simple problem which can be easily fixed.
- If you are not approved based on the information you submitted the first time, feel free to submit again with a different debit card or bank account. Not being approved doesn’t count against you and sometimes your new information will get the job done.
- Finally, if you are approved for less than the full purchase amount, contact Launch Medical customer service and we may be able to help you complete the transaction.